2019 OUTAOUAIS MERCADOR AWARDS
Recognizing the success of export companies within the Outaouais Region every year since the past 6 years through the Outaouais MercadOr Awards, Export Outaouais is hereby inviting regional exporting businesses to submit their applications in the categories below.
All eligible companies can submit their applications by August 16, 2018.
- New Exporter
- Digital Strategy
- Market Diversification
- Value-Added Services Exporter
- Innovative Exporter
- Export Leader
Coup de coeur Award : An award will be presented to one of the participating businesses across all categories to celebrate the achievements of an Outaouais business that has shown excellence in its sales efforts outside of Quebec or outside of Canada.
You can nominate your company in more than one category if it meets the required criteria. However, you must fill out the specific forms for each category for which you want to nominate your company.
You can send additional information to support your application (logo, photos, Powerpoint presentation, flyers, etc.)
Once the file has been completed, you can send your application electronically to email@example.com by August 16, 2018.
- Businesses are at least 51% Canadian owned and reinvest the majority of their profits in Quebec
- Publicly listed companies are eligible
- All companies must have a major establishment in the Outaouais region and be responsible for decisions in regards to business development outside of Quebec
- All businesses must be a manufacturing or value-added service company;
- The export sales of the company must be outside of Quebec. Note that Canada (provinces and territories, aside from Quebec) is considered an export market (country).
New Exporter Award
- The company must have been exporting for 3 years or less
- The approach of the company towards its exports must be structured
Digital Strategy Award
- Over 15% of the company’s annual revenues must be from export sales (outside Quebec)
- The company must have an online sales platform
- The company must have implemented a digital strategy aimed at achieving an international positioning (website, social media, referral strategy, e-commerce, etc.)
Market Diversification Award
- The company must have been exporting for at least 3 years
- Over 20% of the company’s annual revenues must be from export sales (outside Quebec)
- The company must have been exporting to at least 2 countries (outside Quebec)
- The company must have implemented a strategy to develop at least one geographic market in the past two years
Value-Added Services Exporter Award
- More than 5% of the company’s annual revenues must be from export sales (outside of Quebec)
- The company must have been exporting for three years or less
- The company must offer value-added services (consulting, engineering, niche industry, architecture, etc.)
Innovative Exporter Award
- The company demonstrates its involvement in an integrated innovation effort;
- Over the last three years the company has implemented an innovative project (modernization of production processes or equipment, integration of new technologies and establishment of new management systems, development and commercialization of new products, etc.)
Export Leader Award
- More than 70% of the company’s annual revenues must come from export sales
- The company must have been exporting for at least 5 years
- The company must have a person dedicated to export
Coup de cœur Award
An award will be presented to one of the participating businesses across all categories to celebrate the achievements of an Outaouais business that has shown excellence in its sales efforts outside of Quebec or outside of Canada.
When becoming a MercadOr sponsor and partner, you directly contribute to the success of the Outaouais region exporting businesses and entrepreneurs.
Consult our partnership program in order to learn more about visibility opportunities. For any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 819-243-2246 #231.
2019 MercadOr Awards Ceremony Evening
This year, the 2019 MercadOr Awards Ceremony Cocktail will be held on Thursday September 19, 2019 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The prize-giving event will be hosted at Zibi site located at 40 Joe-Montferrand Street in Gatineau. Local company leaders and regional economic stakeholders or investors, dedicated entrepreneurs and business people will altogether participate in the festivity to celebrate the successful achievements of companies which have distinguished themselves through their export strategies.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS
For allowing Export Outaouais to host its event within your premises